Wednesday, March 9, 2011

True Confessions of a Stay-at-Home Wife

*** This one too...  This one was from a couple of weeks back. ***


Confession #1
This may be the toughest job I have ever had.
It sounds easy, but it can be difficult emotionally. There isn't anyone to commend or praise me for my 'wonderful work' during the day. I mean, let's face it, there isn't anything life changing about clean laundry. However, and most importantly, it has forced me to seek what God wants from me as his child. I may not know why He has placed me in this role, but I will find joy in it.

Confession #2
I feel guilty
When budget day rolls around and I compile the previous week's expenses I feel guilty. If only for more cushion in our savings account, there are times I wish I had a job.

Confession #3
I love it
I enjoy staying at home.  When people ask me what I do, I get to say I am K's wife. And what a blessing that is! Weekends are chore free and when K gets home from work we can spend time together - or he can spend time on something he enjoys doing.  We still have un-fun things to tackle when K gets home ... and once we buy our first home we will probably have many more things I can't do on my own ... but we have much more free time. I am also much less stressed.  I can give 100% to what I am doing.  When I was working I never felt like I was able to do anything right, like I had too many pots on the stove.

1 comment: